Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Baltic Birch Question ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Super Moderator
    Baltic Birch Question ???


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Baltic Birch Question ???

    Thanks Guys for all the help and info much appreciated !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baltic Birch Question ???

    OG that ply you were talking about , what are the going prices? Is it easy to source?



    Hey Pano,, on the bamboo youare talking about is it for both running ( which seems why the law in you area was intended for) or clumping.... I have seen clumping bamboo is actually nice, but i understand about local laws though......

    But for flooring, I say skip it, especially if you kids/pets/ wife who likes to wear the stilettos, you are outta luck, it dents very easily. It seemed very promising, since it grows voraciously and it is cheap, but it is not tough enough to take the abuse of daily life....



    -chris

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Baltic Birch Question ???


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Baltic Birch Question ???

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    OG that ply you were talking about , what are the going prices? Is it easy to source?
    -chris
    23/32" 4X8 ARAUCO PLYWOOD ACX

    Easy enough?

    Actually when I Googled, I found the folks over at Bill Fitzmaurice' place (Tuba subs) seem to agree, they like it too.

    It's a South American (Chile I think) company, they take lots of care with the veneers...I have had "B' sides better than a lot of "A" side from other suppliers. Plus few voids. It's good stuff.

    I noticed Lowe's seems to be raising the price on it though, I paid less than 30 last time.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.